This delicious and easy cranberry bread recipe is one of my favorite family recipes to make for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners!
As long as I can remember, this cranberry bread has been on my holiday tables.
Almost ten years ago, I found the original recipe in an old cookbook in my mom’s kitchen.
She told me the cookbook was found in a cabinet in the first house she and my dad had purchased in Illinois.
It made this dish all the more special to me to know when my mom started making it too ;).
My mom likes to add plenty of pecans to her bread. But being that I am not a huge fan of nuts and my husband and daughter have a nut sensitivity – I choose to not add any nuts to my recipe.
At the bottom of this post you will find more delicious side dishes that would be perfect for your holiday tables.
Be sure to continue to scroll to the bottom to take a look at all of them!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the other links on this site are also affiliate links, which means I might earn a small commission if you love something as much as I do at no additional cost to you… but I only recommend what I actually like myself!
Read the full disclosure here.
In a rush?
A Delicious and Easy Cranberry Bread Recipe
Ingredients Needed to Make Cranberry Bread
- All purpose flour
- Baking Soda
- Orange Juice
- Orange Peel
- Fresh Cranberries
- Pecans (optional)
Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Tbs Grated Orange Peel
- 3 Tbs Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Softened Butter
- 1 Cup Halved Cranberries
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease 9x5x3 pan (I use Crisco All Vegetable Shortening to grease my pans)
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl
- In a small bowl, beat egg
- Put the 3 Tbs vinegar in a measuring cup and add enough water to make the liquid mixture a total of ⅔ cup.
- Add vinegar water to bowl with egg and stir
- Add grated orange peel and butter to bowl with liquids and beat to mix (butter will not dissolve completely but should be broken into smaller bits)
- Add liquid mixture to flour mixture
- Stir until moist
- Fold in cranberries and optional pecans
- Turn into greased loaf pan
- Bake 60 minutes until top is golden brown and toothpick in middle comes out clean
- Cool 10 minutes on a cooling rack
- Serve with butter or cranberry sauce
- Store leftovers at room temperature in an airtight bag or container
Tips to Make This Cranberry Bread Recipe
- I like to prep all my ingredients before I start combining them in the bowls:
- Halve the cranberries and place in a measuring cup
- Make the vinegar/water mixture
- Grate the orange peel
- When I make bread, I like it to have more orange flavor and so I grate and use most of the peel from a medium orange
- Keep an eye on the middle of the loaf not being done – this depends on your oven strength. My oven is rather strong so I only bake my loaf for 50 minutes.
My Favorite Kitchen Supplies
I love to have a well prepared kitchen (especially because I enjoy baking more than cooking :)).
Here are the items I use to prepare this recipe:
I hope you find this cranberry bread as delicious as my family and I do.
And that it becomes a family favorite as well ;).
Looking for an item that wasn’t linked in this post?
Be sure to check out my ‘Home Tour’ pages!
Did you find this post useful? Pin it to your boards – just click the Pin button in the upper right corner!
Oh Christmas isn’t just a day,
It’s a frame of mind.
~ Miracle on 34th Street
As always, I love hearing from you!!
I make every effort to reply to every comment below. But if for some reason I missed it – please feel free to contact me here.
Have a wonderful day my friend! I hope something makes you smile today ;).
More Holiday Side Dishes from Fellow Bloggers
Blogger’s Best Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts (7 Minutes) | Happy Happy Nester
- Easy Pumpkin Shaped No-Knead Dutch Oven Bread Recipe | Inspiration for Moms
- Colorful Brussels Sprouts Salad | Most Lovely Things
- Bacon-Wrapped Green Bean Bundles | Tater Tots and Jello
- Parmesan Herb Roasted Potatoes | Twelve on Main
- Honey Roasted Butternut Squash | My Sweet Savannah
- A Delicious and Easy Cranberry Bread Recipe | Pasha is Home