Looking for a perfect and easy fall apple crisp recipe? Your search is over! This recipe is one of my favorite fall treats!
October, November, and December are truly the BEST months to spend time in the kitchen!
Don’t you agree?
I mean – I am assuming you actually do agree otherwise you would not have clicked on this recipe 😂.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, which means I might earn a small commission if you love something as much as I do at no additional cost to you… but I only recommend what I actually like myself!
Read the full disclosure here.
In a rush?
A Perfect and Easy Fall Apple Crisp Recipe
- Apples (I use Fuji because I like my apples on the juicy & crispy side)
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Rolled Oats
- Vanilla Ice Cream (for topping)
Simple and Easy Fall Apple Crisp Recipe
- 6 Medium Apples
- 3 Tbs Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ⅛ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Butter
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Peel and slice apples into thin wedges
- Place in 15" x 9" baking dish
- Stir in 3 Tbs Sugar
- In mixing bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon
- Add in cut up pieces of butter
- Continue with fork to cut in butter until topping resembles coarse crumbs
- Sprinkle topping over apple filling
- Bake in a 375° oven for 30 minutes or until topping is golden
- Serve warm with ice cream
Tips for the Perfect Apple Crisp
- When cutting my apples – I make my life easy by just cutting the four sides off the core of the apple – and honestly – I don’t worry too much about getting as close as I can to the core – I just add an extra apple into my recipe ;).
- As you can see in the recipe ingredients above – I add VERY little cinnamon to my recipe – I am not a fan of most spices including cinnamon and nutmeg so I keep those ingredient amounts to a minimum – but feel free to add as much as you want to your own recipe!!
- If you would like to add chopped nuts to your recipe – do so after you have chopped and added the butter into the topping mix.
- This is a really easy dessert to make earlier in the day of a dinner party. To warm up – either just microwave individual pieces or put dish in the oven at 250° for about 25 minutes before serving.
- Use a spatula to serve pieces NOT a spoon!! That will make the pieces stick together better and not look unappetizing ;).
- Instead of ice cream – you can top the crisp with whipped cream – but honestly melted ice cream on warm apple crisp is THE BEST PART!!
- You can add even more apples to this recipe if you want a heavier apple to topping ratio ;).
Shop My Fall Kitchen Must Haves
I hope you enjoy this delicious and easy fall apple crisp recipe!
It has been one of my most favorite fall treats to make since I got married in 1993 and probably the most requested dessert by my apple loving husband ;).
If you are looking for more great fall treats to make – be sure to read my fall recipe roundup post that I did with blogging friends!
Looking for an item that wasn’t linked in this post?
Be sure to check out my ‘Home Tour’ pages!
Did you find this post useful? Pin it to your boards – just click the Pin button in the upper right corner!
Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go.
As always, I love hearing from you!
I make every effort to reply to every comment below. But if I missed it – please feel free to contact me here.