This recipe for a super easy and delicious pasta salad is one of my favorite summer BBQ dishes to make. It’s loaded with my favorite veggies and can be served as a side dish as is. Or you can add a protein and make it a meal.
I have even made this recipe for some really large parties including last year’s Fourth of July party and all of my kids’ high school graduation parties. And by large – I mean a guest list of 75-100 people (obviously I tripled the recipe for those parties ;)).Jump to Recipe
As an Amazon Influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the other links on this site are also affiliate links, which means I might earn a small commission if you love something as much as I do at no additional cost to you… but I only recommend what I actually like myself!
Read the full disclosure here.
In a rush?
A Delicious Pasta Salad Recipe
Grocery List of Ingredients
If you have some favorite vegetables and cheeses, this recipe is super flexible in being able to add whatever you love.
I am pretty particular when it comes to cheeses so the only cheese I add to this recipe is grated parmesan. And I am also not a fan of tomatoes soooo I take those out as well ;0.
- Tri color rotini
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Garlic (if jar – minced)
- Monterey jack cheese
Easy & Delicious Pasta Salad
- 3 Cups Tri color rotini pasta
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Broccoli
- 1 Cup Cauliflower
- 1 Tomatoes
- 1 Cucumbers
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 1 Bag shredded carrots
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- ¼ Cup Olive oil
- ¼ Cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 Clove crushed or minced garlic
- Pinch Basil
- Pinch Oregano
- Cook Pasta as instructed on bag
While pasta is cooking:
- Cut up cauliflower into bite size pieces
- Cut up broccoli into bite size pieces
- Steam cauliflower and broccoli for 4 minutes in boiling water in pot on stove
- Dice onion
- Cut cucumber into bite size pieces
- Once pasta is done cooking – drain and set aside
- Measure and pour olive oil into small mixing bowl
- Add red wine vinegar to bowl
- Add minced garlic
- Add pinch oregano
- Add pinch basil
- Stir to mix ingredients
- Pour pasta into a large bowl
- One by one add veggies – stirring with a wooden spoon after each addition
- Add grated parmesan cheese and stir again
- Pour dressing into pasta salad and gently toss with wooden spoon
- Pour pasta salad into serving bowl
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve – can be served immediately at room temperature as well.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days
Shortcuts to Keep it Easy
Here are the shortcuts I take to make this recipe quick and easy:
- The large bowl in the above photos is the entire bag of pasta which required me to triple my recipe ingredients.
- Buy the broccoli florets and cauliflower already cut up in a bag from the produce section of your local grocery store if available
- Buy the carrots already shredded from the produce section as well (huge timesaver!)
- I always keep a jar of minced garlic in my refrigerator so that I don’t have to bother with crushing garlic for any recipes
- You can use any type of pasta for this salad however the tri color veggie pasta looks the best 😉
- If you add tomatoes – be careful they aren’t too juicy and watery
- To make this recipe a meal – dice up salami or cooked chicken breast and add before you add the dressing
My Favorite Kitchen Supplies
I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious pasta recipe as much as I do. If you end up making it – please be sure to leave me your review in the comments below!
I actually got this recipe from a friend over THIRTY years ago when I was a newlywed and remember thinking back then – wow what an easy and tasty simple salad!!
Looking for an item that wasn’t linked in this post?
Be sure to check out my ‘Home Tour’ pages!
Did you find this post useful? Pin it to your boards – just click the Pin button in the upper right corner!
Home is where one starts from.
~ T.S. Eliot
As always, I love hearing from you!!
I make every effort to reply to every comment below. But if for some reason I missed it – please feel free to contact me here.
Have a wonderful day my friend! I hope something makes you smile today ;).